[pct-l] Powdered Foods - Was Resupply - Was Anyone have bear or mountain lion stories?

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 17:42:11 CST 2009

LMAO!!!!

You guys are nuts! I love it. :)

~Di

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra

--- On Thu, 2/26/09, Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net> wrote:

From: Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net>
Subject: [pct-l] Powdered Foods - Was Resupply - Was Anyone have bear or mountain lion stories?
To: pct-l at backcountry.net
Date: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 3:24 PM

DEARLY BELOVED, WHO ARE GATHERED HERE IN GRIEVE TO MOURN THE EARLY DEMISE OF OUR BELOVED PATTIE!

Pattie was a good old gal, a mere flower in full bloom, when she was taken from us.
Pattie will be truly missed by all of us on the list

We thank ye Lord for her reincarnation, even if in a slightly altered form, for Pattie, even
in her altered form, will alway be pepper mint Pattie, a real hot pistol, a powder keg, every
school boys dream.

P.S....Apparently Pattie was to much to stomach for the bear.

The Reverend Reinhold

>/ Headline:Young woman hiking the Pacific Crack Trail lands ends travels in
/>/ rehab
/>/ - after being cited by Park Rangers for excessive drooling, but just before
/>/ her arrest she was
/>/ suddenly and unexpectedly devoured by a massive brown bear, which was lured
/>/ into her camp
/>/ by an empty bag of doritos... she'll be eulogized by the Rev. Reinhold
/>/ Metzger online...
/>/
/>/
/>/
/>/ ----- Original Message ----- From: "patti kulesz" <peprmintpati88 at
/>/ yahoo.com>
/>/ To: "dicentra" <dicentragirl at yahoo.com>Cc: <pct-l at backcountry.net>
/>/ Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:55 PM
/>/ Subject: Re: [pct-l] Powdered Foods - Was Resupply
/>/
/>/ OMG I love u! thanx for telling me about the powdered coconut creme
/>/ milk...coconut milk and surry are like
/>/ crack to me...I'm drooling now...hehehepatti
/>/
/>/ pct-l] Anyone have bear or mountain lion stories?Reinhold Metzger
/>/ reinholdmetzger at cox.net Wed Feb 25 23:44:15 CST 2009> Pattie,
/>/ > You seem to think that having a bear visit your camp site is going to
/>/ > be sooo romantic and exiting  and you want to attract them to your
/>/ > camp site for the experience.
/>/ > Pattie, as any Sierra veteran can tell you, a bear visiting your camp
/>/ > site is not necesarily going to be a romantic and exiting
/>/ > experience......it could be a real nightmare and I would strongly
/>/ > encourage you to do any thing you can to avoid such encounters instead
/>/ > of inviting bears to your camp site.
/>/ >
/>/ > JMT Reinhold
/>/ > A Sierra veteran with many bear stories to tell
/>/ > Pattie wrote:
/>/ >> oo bad bad bad...u can make the critters sick that way...but maybe,
/>/ >> since I haven't had a sighting yet, I can just leave the empty bag on
/>/ >> the table...woohoo! thanx for the idea Fuzz hehehe
/>/ >>
/>/ >> patti
/>/
/