[pct-l] GPS Recommendations

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 26 18:36:07 CST 2009

Good afternoon, Herb,

Over the years my last four GPSs have been Garmin.  With them I have used
TOPO on five different CPUs and with two different interface cables – a
serial-port cable and a USB cable.  The various permutations of that has
worked without a glitch with one exception:  The interface slide-socket of
an eTrex Venture was quite tight and I had to be really careful to push hard
to get the cable end to seat and make contact.

I don’t know how you use a GPS but I like them basic and light so I use a
little Geko-201.  Your wants and needs may vary.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye