[pct-l] New resupply source in Independence

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 20:37:39 CST 2009

I just got a call from Independence

The Chevron Station/Subway in Independence will probably have a good inventory in of hiker resupply items by this June.  Good enough for a buy-as-you-go resupply.  Some non-grocery hiker items will be available too.

Paul Garza, who was helping out his sister at the Courthouse Motel last year is helping out his step brother at the Chevron station right now.
We talked about this last June.  He wants a hiker to be able to do a complete resupply without leaving Independence.  I just sent him a list of grocery and other items to stock for hikers.  The Chevron station has had laundry facilities available to hikers for a couple years.  They now have shower, soap and towel included, available for $5.00.

The Courthouse Motel has a BBQ available and the Chevron will sell food to put on it.

Warner Springs Monty

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty