[pct-l] GPS Recommendations

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Fri Feb 27 20:55:23 CST 2009

One nice feature of the Garmin Oregon (and I assume the Colorado too,
but I have not used a Colorado yet) is that it has the capacity to
load tracks of the the entire PCT, not just POIs. You have to make
sure each track has fewer than 10,000 sample points per track, but you
can then load more than 100 tracks into the GPS.
I have tracks of the PCT from the Mexican Border to just north of
Crater Lake available for free download at http://www.pctmap.net. I
have tested them all in a Garmin Oregon GPS.
These GPSs do come with a premium price tag however.
-Halfmile