[pct-l] Summer hike plans

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sat Feb 28 19:33:38 CST 2009

We are planning a llama trek from Leavitt Meadow to Kennedy Meadows,
southbound, in August (about 300 PCT miles).
One can obtain a permit by filling out a permit paper and dropping it in
a box at the Leavitt Meadows trailhead parking lot, but that seems kind
of tenuous for a 300 mile trek through two national parks.  Anybody have
any idea about where I might get a more official sort of permit, or do
you think this will do the trick?
When we get to the end at Kennedy Meadows we will want to call our
shuttle driver.  Yogi's book says there is a pay phone at the store and
the restaurant.  Has anyone gotten their AT&T cell phone to work at
Kennedy Meadows?  Just wondering.
We are planning to go stoveless and do no resupplies.  We are really
looking forward to 30 days with no town stops.  There is no better place
in the USA to do it.
How long will tortillas hold up in a bear can before they start to get
moldy?  Does it make a difference what kind of tortillas?
Marion