[pct-l] Gatewood Cape on the JMT

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 28 20:08:25 CST 2009

I  have been using a Six Moons Gatewood Cape and bug shelter for all my camping needs south of Mt Whitney and this has worked fine for me.  As I am planning to do the JMT this summer, I was wondering if anyone has used this combination up there.  I am a bit concerned about rain/snow/and wind.  I am trying to keep my weight as low as possible but will buy another tent if I need to.

Oh yea,  with all this discussion about trail runners vs boots, no one has mentioned hiking with wet shoes up into a snow field.  My reading seems to suggest that my shoes should dry out by the time I get from a stream crossing up to the snow.  Is that right?  Oh please ease my little worried mind.  Thanks in advance.

Shepherd