[pct-l] slightly off the PCT-L subject

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 19:23:23 CST 2009

> There is a north-south trail that parallels the PCT to the west. I have
> read a few posts regarding this trail in the past years on the PCT-L but
> I've forgotten the name of it and all my google and other searches have
> failed to lead me to its name. I remember it being lower and much less
> trafficked than the PCT, but I can't find any information on it.

And in the Sierra, roughly paralleling the JMT, is the Theodore Solomon's Trail (or route) which fits the "to the west" and "lower" criteria you seek...
See <http://www.amazon.com/review/R2SSFCE0UADT2Q> for a review of the guide book by Dennis R. Gagnon, who named the route for Solomon...  BTW, Solomon is usually credited with being the originator of the JMT concept...
So search for "Theodore Solomon's Trail" or "Theodore Solomon" for more info...

Happy trails!!!
Jim / PITA