[pct-l] Revolutionary UL backpacking inventions

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 12:29:49 CST 2009

Unsupported JMT Reinhold writes: ........ My latest invention ''Phase 2 Dehydrated Water'' called ''MEXICAN WATER'' is even better.?
It comes in 3 flavors...Margarita, Tequila, and Montezuma's Revenge.?
Switchback replies: Yes, this is also a good remedy for trail hydration problems.? You forget or don't care how thirsty you are -- you are just happy.? I had not thought about that method.? Say, I wonder if I should demonstrate my patent dehydrated hiker water at the April Kickoff?? I could easily do that.? It would draw a big crowd.? May be even newspaper and TV coverage too.? Several years ago at the annual PCTA meeting, I demonstrated dehydrated water and subatomic backpacking weights.? Everyone was astounded --- over 200 people attended that program.

Since alcohol is only allowed at the Kickoff for cooking, you have a problem.??If you demonstrated your Mexican Water, then I will?turn you into the Kickoff police, so I can get a reward.??This is too cool.? I attend the Kickoff and make money.

I think I will put you on guard duty at the next Kickoff --- after all you are a Marine.? You can protect my campsite from an As-A-Bat attack.? Every year my campsite gets toilet?papered, while I am out goofing off.? I strongly suspect Gunga Din As-A-Bat and his roudy accomplices.?