[pct-l] prior reading of guide books

Jereen Anderson jereenanderson at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 19:21:28 CST 2009

To E.A. Of course buy and study all 3 guide books. Make your general plan and schedule - and realize that it will probably have to be changed as you travel north. Too much is unpredictable. In 2008 we had many fires resulting in closed trails. I cut up my guide books and only carried those pages that applied to the section(s) that I was riding. You can send ahead the pages needed for the following sections. All the hikers that I talked to about this did the same thing. The maps and trail descriptions in the guide books are invaluable.    .MendoRider