[pct-l] campfire permit

Jereen Anderson jereenanderson at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 11:08:48 CST 2009

I recall getting my campfire permit at the Kickoff Party at Lake Morena. I was chatting with a Ranger. She asked if I had my campfire permit. I told her I would not be needing one since I would not be making wood fires - I would be using my Jetboil stove. The ranger informed me that I would still need a campfire permit. She then issued me one. The Rangers were not offering them, they had no booth for that purpose. Perhaps the Kickoff organizers should ask the U.S. Forest Service to have a booth for that.

MendoRider