[pct-l] 2 Q's: Contact lenses and search feature

Tarzan and Zelda pctthruhike at surewest.net
Tue Jan 6 11:23:49 CST 2009

Sarah,
In regards to contacts I used the focus Dailies through out my thru hike last year.  I was really happy with the ease of taking them out and putting new ones in in the morning.  I understand the complications of contacts on the trail as I have used the other contacts you mentioned on previous hikes.
I did take some time planning how many contacts I would need along the way.  I put some in my bounce box and if I didn't use a bounce box I would put the contacts in the resupply boxes with food for the trail towns ahead.  I always carried extra just in case because the weight was not an issue.  I also carried my glasses as a back up.
Just make sure you order enough for the complete trip well ahead of time.  At home I had more contacts sorted and labled for my resupply person.to mail to me if needed.  So, I would say the biggest issue with Dailies is making sure you have a sufficient amount with you at all times unless you don't mind wearing your glasses. As I said, I never had any problems with my eyes, especially at high altitudes which had bothered me in the past.

Zelda