[pct-l] Apparently There are other stores besides REI. Gear ?'s

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jan 6 17:45:04 CST 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 9:21 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> Okay so instead of me writing 9 emails about gear questions.
> What gear are people using to have a base weight of about 12-15lbs.
>
> How much clothing total?
> Pairs of socks?
> Pants?
> Shirts?
> Hats?
> Gloves?
> Underwear?

I was not that light overall, but for clothing I carried no extra
pants, no extra shirts, no extra underwear. I think it's useless to
bring extra anything, with the exception of socks. I had 3 pairs. I
met a guy who had 14 pairs.

In my opinion, you don't want extras of anything. Instead, you want
everything to serve more than one purpose, if possible.