[pct-l] Experiences with the Following Packs-ULA

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Wed Jan 7 20:00:24 CST 2009

So thanks to everyone here I could use some more help.  Has anyone had
experiences good or bad with any of the following packs or companys.
5)   http://www.ula-equipment.com/circuit.htm
~
I've carried ULA packs on my PCT section hikes and wilderness adventures
since 2003. I have a 2003 P2, I waited 4 months for Brian to build it for
me, and I've  used it heavily up to 45 lbs. I have a P1 (Switchbacks!) that
I carried in 2007 on the PCT and every wilderness trek that year. In 2008 I
upgraded to a Circuit and carried it on the PCT in southern Washington and
other hikes. It's an incredible pack for weights below 40lbs. I carried 8
days of food in it in the Trinity Alps (plus dog food). I've found ULA to be
on the forefront of pack designs today, extremely durable and forgiving to
wilderness wear and adventures, and Brian stands behind each one. He  is a
veteran hiker and tests his gear designs heavily before he builds one for
you.  The Circuit is the current design evolution from many years of great
ULA packs. It's a medium size, so consider the Catalyst (old P2) if you need
more space and weight carrying potential. My only ding to it is the lack of
the short daisy chains found on the P1/P2 packs for lashing on extra stuff.
I still have all my backpacks I've owned dating back to 1973, but this
weekend I'm taking my ULA Circuit out for a hike along the PCT.
http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/image/99793506  ULA Circuit in the Trinity
Alps
http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/image/99777731  My Circuit and Kelly along my
2008 Alps High Route