[pct-l] PCT Section G & F

Wes Rose wb104475 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 8 02:00:41 CST 2009

Hi Joe,

I think you mean to say that you're doing Sections G, H and I, which is
366.3 miles through arguably some of the most difficult terrain of the PCT.
The average thru-hiker is doing around 15 miles per day from Walker Pass
to Sonoma Pass, but by Walker Pass they have their sea legs ~ and you
will not; something to consider...  Your opportunities to vacate the trail
become rather limited past Kennedy Meadows, PCT mile 708.2.  You won't
see a road until you hit the Mammoth Lakes area at PCT mile 906.8, but
you do have *outs* at Mulkey Pass, Bullfrog Lake, Taboose Pass and at
Florence Lake trailhead.  I have these exits mapped out on Google Earth
if you're interested.

Best Success,

Wes

downtobusinesss downtobusinesss at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:40:49 CST 2009

  a.. Previous message: [pct-l] 2 Q's: Contact lenses and search feature
  b.. Next message: [pct-l] PCT Section G & F
  c.. Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
Thinking of heading out and doing the section G & F section (Walker Pass to
the Sonora Pass) this June. I'm 38yrs. old with some backpacking experience
and in pretty good shape. Any personal advice or book advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Joe