[pct-l] Ice Axes

Tarzan and Zelda pctthruhike at surewest.net
Fri Jan 9 14:11:08 CST 2009

I used the Camp Corsa on our hike last year and loved it.  It was very effective for the Sierras.  If you know how to use the ice axe and have practiced self arrest you will feel very comfortable using it.
I just wish I would have had it for the section before Idyllwild as I would have felt a little more comfortable on some of the snow covered steep terrain.
I chose the 70cm length and was glad I did since it made it easier to walk than a lot of others who only had the shorter lengths.
To summerize, I would say, in my experience,  it was well worth the weight. And as far as it's purpose,  this axe took care of all my needs crossing the "sketchy" snow areas on the trail last year.

Zelda