[pct-l] SNICKERS - KING SIZE - Mmmmmmm!!!!

GARY HEBERT hikerfedex at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 18:20:37 CST 2009

WOW!  six butterfingers in 1 minutes.
Hope they had good plumming for when they kicked in! Same problem with
SNICKERS. One is great. After two though better find a cat hole!

I loved them on the AT for energy. Especially the King Size.
 510 calories!! (250 calories from fat) in just 3.7oz (105g) [138
calories/oz  or 170 calories/g]

 28g Fat, 67g Carbs, 55g Sugar, 9g Protein!

Awesome instant energy to motivate for when yer dying on big climb or time
to go! late in the day with many miles to go.  But boy, what a sugar slurry
rush effect. On the trail was fine. But back home. Holy moly! Feel like I'm
instantly diabetic!

I am a paramedic. If a diabetic is UNCONSCIOUS with a seriously low blood
sugar level, we insert an IV and administer 25g Glucose 50% to wake them up
(like a miracle - Lazerus come forth!). That's right, just 25g!!
No wonder a KING SIZE SNICKERS packs INSTANT ENERGY, albeit temporary.

FedEx

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: One bar
------------------------------
Amount per Serving
------------------------------
Calories 541Calories from Fat 250
------------------------------
*% Daily Value **Total Fat 27.8g43%    Saturated Fat  10.2g51%
Monounsaturated
Fat  11.8g    Polyunsaturated Fat  5.6gCholesterol 14.7mg5%Sodium 300.6mg13%
Potassium 336.7mg10%Total Carbohydrate 66.9g22%    Dietary Fiber
2.8g11%    Sugars
55.7gProtein 9g18%
------------------------------
Vitamin A3%Vitamin C1%Calcium11%Iron5%
------------------------------
Est. Percent of Calories from:
*Fat* 46.2%     *Carbs* 49.5%*Protein* 6.7%
[image: Send to
Friend]<http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/mars-incorperated/king-size-snickers-bar#>

"Back in "95 (a 200% snowpack year)  It took three of us 13 days to get from
KM to Bishiop ( on 11 days food).  Durring our 2 days of gastronomic orgie
in Bishop, Mike got a six pack of butterfingers and a can of sweetened
condensed milk.  As we watched tv in a motel he dunked the butterfingers in
the sweetened condesed milk and ate all six and also polished off the scm
with his spoon all in about 15 minutes.  A tastey 2920 calorie snack!

Andrew"