[pct-l] Durability of Rainwear

Thomas Jamrog balrog at midcoast.com
Mon Jan 12 19:35:22 CST 2009

I once had a Patagonia Super Pluma rain jacket that was not that worn,
but eventually discovered that in the rain my lower arms got wet, but
not my torso.  Inspection of the lining revealed fine cracks in the
coating.  Patagonia has a lifetime warrantee, so I took it to the
store to have them take a look at it.  They immediately determined
that the lining was delaminating and let me pick out a new one. Since
then I carry both a rain jacket and a light 4 oz. windshirt, reasoning
that using the rain jacket over and over, as warming and a wind jacket
could cause it to prematurely wear and be less effective as a raincoat
when I needed it.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Uncle Tom

Blogging about the Great Outdoors
on http://tjamrog.wordpress.com ( hotlink)