[pct-l] Durability of Rainwear

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Mon Jan 12 22:17:23 CST 2009

I carried the Marmot Precip through my entire hike.  I used it for additional mosquito protection in NoCal and Oregon in 2006, but for the one major rain day I had on the final four miles into Stevens Pass this jacket functioned no better than a paper bag.  Within 1 hour it was soaked through.  It was a major drench, but still, it made for a very uncomfortable hitch (nearly 2 hours to finally nab a ride) along Highway 2 down to the Dinsmores.  As I shared in my end of trail gear review, it was the single piece of gear that I could not recommend and I would defiinitely replace it on my next PCT thru-hike.  Just my input as I know others have very positive comments about this jacket.

From: "Tarzan and Zelda" <pctthruhike at surewest.net>