[pct-l] Jeff State

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 09:48:40 CST 2009

Hi, gang,
Pat...it's been years.....
FireFly from Old Station here.  As a near neighbor of the State of Jefferson
(I thought I lived  within it's mythical borders, and, like 'are we there
yet', hi Joanne, was proud of it...but a map on the back of a postcard seems
to say 'no'. {sob})  ....I have to agree.  Nor Cal gets the fuzzy end of the
lollipop when it comes to issues that pit Nor Cal vs So Cal, at least
politically.  BUT, there is sooo much beauty up here, within or beyond the
boundaries of your lovely little State that I couldn't easily be lured
away.  The trail meanders thru enough of Jefferson to see that...on it's
circuitous tread around Mt. Shasta, does So Cal have a magic mountain, by
the way?  (See, I can keep this on topic).  I've proudly announced to all
and sundry (those who've asked anyway) that I've been a resident of the
State of Jefferson since we moved to Old Station in 1993, and it seems sad
to have to admit that I'm not.  But, given an opportunity, I'd chop the
state of California in two, right below Carmel, which may seem too far south
for lots of folk, but we'd need S.F. and it's surrounds, the wine country,
Sac and Monterrey Bay's money to be anywhere near solvent as a separate
state.
Just my two bits worth....
FireFly
from The Hideaway at Old Station