[pct-l] Shelter for the rain

Engraving Pros mail at engravingpros.com
Sat Jan 17 14:16:06 CST 2009

The new silnylon is 100% water proof and non-breathable. I used a
tarp in 2005 and got rained on every day for more than a week. I
just shook off the excess water in the morning and any break in the
weather I would lay out my tarp. Because it is so water repellent it
would dry in minutes. Also, the other new fabrics worked great. At
night I would hang my wet close inside the tarp. Even when it
rained all night long they would dry (mostly) by morning. Since then
I have upgrade to a larger tarp for the Washington section and love
it's performance. Plenty of room to hang clothes and make meals.
And plenty of ventilation to ward off condensation as long as you
avoid setting up on grass and what not. But, I have spent years
developing a whole rain managment system that works for me.

Robert