[pct-l] Trekking poles

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Sat Jan 17 20:53:31 CST 2009

Brad,
I have the compact version of theses poles (which I see are also on
sale) and I think they are great poles. Check the compact version
unless you really need the extra length.
The only negative about them for me,  is on hot sweaty days the grips
turn your hands black. I think this was more of a problem when they
were new, and don't think they do this as much now that I have used
them a year.
As to the twist lock issue I don't have any problems with mine once I
figured out how to work them. The trick is not to over loosen the
twist lock because if you do it will not tighten. If the twist lock
won't tighten you can extend the section all the way and flex the pole
while you tighten it to get the twist lock to grip. Once I figured
this out I have no twist lock problems.

-Halfmile