[pct-l] Preliminary Report - Dixon Roller Pack

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 20:31:46 CST 2009

Tortoise wrote:?I waiting for field test results on an actual trip over rough trail. partially snow covered trail. And over a snow bound pass.?
Switchback replies:?I nominate Tortoise for this experiment.? This is right up his alley.? Does Tortoise live on an alley?? Anyway,? I agree that it will be interesting what the results would be with?hard core hiker trash use.? I notice that as I went up and over curbs down at the park, it handled it very easily.? A rocky trail should be no big deal with two hiking poles.??

 I wonder about the ski devise too.? What if you had snowshoes and the cart with the ski attachment.? That would be very interesting across the Sierras.? If it worked smoothly, then that would open a whole new adventure in the winter for everyone.? Say, I could thru hike the PCT in the winter.? No problem.

On a more serious note.? While I was down at Warner Springs Ranch Resort, they told me they give the PCT hiker discount now too if you are hiking on the trail.? I should have gone out with the cart and done a little hiking and then claimed my discount.? Rats!