[pct-l] Ugh, Canister Fuel?

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 20:59:03 CST 2009

Hello, this is my first post here.  So in doing so I'll add I'm planning to join the trail somewhere in the middle Sierra and head for Orriggon (time and finance wont allow the entire trek).  If this is beating a dead horse, sorry, but in talking to a couple folks about wanting to make a Cat-Stove or something like that for alcohol they asked why I don't just pirate some canisters along to myself.  Ugh?  Not a good idea I figure.  Should I not stick with making my stove and learn to cook on it rather than pirate ship combustibles?  And am I going to be able to get alcohol regularly throughout N.Cal and S.Orrigon at my regular re-supplies or have to go looking for it on side trips which I would like to avoid.
Thanks,
Troublemaker