[pct-l] contact lenses

NC Murtaugh hikingis4me2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 13:16:37 CST 2009

Here's my two cents on contact lenses.  I wore mine off and on on my 2008 Oregon section hike. I give a two thumbs down for Bausch & Lomb PureVision lenses.  I got no more than two daily wearings from my lenses before they tore.  In the evenings I would wash my hands, wash the lenses with lens cleaner and put them in their cases.  Then in the morning I would be horrified to see all the grit in the bottom of the cases.  Since I mailed a new pair to my resupply towns, there were several days where I hiked without lenses.  Fortunately, I can see very well close up; one eye is nearsighted, so I had difficulty with distance.

Next year I plan to wear photochromic eyeglasses.

Lost and Found