[pct-l] Vegetarian and vegan food on the trail?

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jan 20 18:04:34 CST 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 9:28 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Vegetarian and vegan food on the trail?

An amazing vegetarian food experience on the trail can be had at
Drakesbad resort. I sat at a table with a vegetarian who ordered the
vegetarian option. She said it had to be the best vegetarian meal she
ever had.

She had made all her own food beforehand, too. Mostly different kinds
of dehydrated curries. It all looked really good.

I would also recommend you choose Tehachapi over Mojave if you need
vegetarian food. Tehachapi is an upscale town and Mojave is a dying
truck-stop kind of place. If you do go to Mojave, they have a Carl's
Jr. Those usually have a salad bar.