[pct-l] trekking poles ? make you weaker

Michael Chamoun nano.michael at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 18:10:34 CST 2009

I have always hiked with trekking poles but on this PCT hike I'm not going
to unless there is steep downhill/sketchy terrain or fords I need to cross.
I feel more "human" walking without them.  My head and body posture feels
more upright and it feels like I'm walking in the wilderness not just trying
to "hike." I absorb more of what's out there. Not sure if anyone has the
same experience, but I'll keep mine folded up until I need them.

Nano