[pct-l] trekking poles - NOISY = scares away wildlife

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Jan 20 20:23:18 CST 2009

I haven't been following this thread, but has anyone suggested the rubber
pole tips?  I saw them on some poles by Rock Creek this past season, and had
to try them.  They've substantially silenced the noise generated by metal
tips hitting rock.

http://www.rei.com/product/750120
http://www.rei.com/product/750119

L-Rod