[pct-l] Wilderness Experience...

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 21 14:44:12 CST 2009

I think my comments on PCT/JMT were a little misunderstood regarding it not being a wilderness experience.  That wasn't exactly what I meant so please don't take offense. On the contrary I believe some of it can be even more so that secluded areas in say Kings or Yosemite.  I'll try and clarify my thoughts and philosophy more later when time allows, but please don't think in any way that I was knocking the PCT. I have always had a great respect for those taking on the great trek and have encountered many over the years, given rides and shared my camps, meals, coffee and tea.  I was also given my trail name by PCT'rs on Glenn Pass a couple years back just because I was there and they took it upon themselves to name me.
I should have said when I want more comeraderie and am tired of my own company I head for the great trail.
I trust that will smooth the rough edges for now.