[pct-l] Bears and Wildlife........

trail-name-here trail-name-here at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 14:27:39 CST 2009

Big wooly llama-sized poodles??

Hasta la pasta.

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net [mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net]
On Behalf Of Pat Wormington
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 11:35 AM
To: pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Bears and Wildlife........

    I hike to see bears and wildlife.  Use your head.  Use a bear
canister in the high use areas in the Southern Sierra where they are
required.  I did have a bear visit in Yosemite, two yellow eyes shining
back at me.  I was thrilled to see five bears last year in Northern
Washington and the hoary marmots.  The bears in Northern CA are afraid
of people.  Also, almost no one carried canisters in Northern WA.
I did see two girls in WA last year with two standard poodles.  They
carried two bear canisters,  and a 70 pound pack!
    What a boring hike if you see no wildlife.

Jollylopper
Sierra Valley