[pct-l] Shoes for the PCT

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 15:23:49 CST 2009

Like any piece of gear, there is no "BEST" gear.

It is only what is best for you.

My advice? Get yourself to a good running store, one that hopefully
has an active trail runner. The pace of trail ultrarunners is very
similar to some of the faster hikers.

More than that, a knowledgeable person at a running store will be able to suggest
a shoe that is good shoe for your foot, gait, etc.  Try to go there with your
sock preference as well.

The small running store may be more expensive compared to
on-line resources, but the one-on-one shoe fitting, support and advice is invaluable.

Good luck!

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art