[pct-l] burying TP/feces

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Sun Jan 25 19:34:27 CST 2009

Fedex,

I have never seen a leave no trace rule that allows burying TP. You
should always pack it out.

Check these links I posted yesterday. All say to pack out TP.

http://www.lnt.org/programs/principles.php

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia//maps/brochures/leave_no_trace.pdf

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/wildregs.htm

http://www.nps.gov/archive/crla/brochures/backcountry.htm

As far as packing out your own human waste (instead of burying it);
the only place I know you have to do that is in the Whitney Zone.
(That is the area east of Trail Crest).

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/recreation/wild/leavenotrace.shtml

-Halfmile