[pct-l] fishing poles

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:18:52 CST 2009

I fished along the JMT portiion of the PCT once.  Caught lots of small
trout.  I mostly threw them in a pot on top of some minute rice for easy
cooking(curled up in a 1.3 liter evernew cookpot).  The meat fell off the
bone and the rice had great flavor as a result.  I had lots of thru hiker
friends as a result too!
I used an ultralight pack rod I bought in Bishop.

Before I got to Tuolumne Meadows, though, I felt like my time was better
sprnt hiking.  I shipped the rod and reel home in my bear canister.

Warner Springs Monty

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty