[pct-l] Alcohol availability? Mailing fuel

Mann bmann1 at san.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 21:13:39 CST 2009

We hope to thru-hike the CD in Œ10.  I expect we¹ll probably take our
alcohol stove, though we may use the pocket rocket for the colder, wetter
areas.  Still need to do some research.  If we were thru-hiking the PCT
again, I¹d do what we did last time, assuming the timing was the same.  We
used the pocket rocket just for northern OR and all of WA.

There were two of us and we only used the stove for dinner.  I think we got
new canisters (the small ones) about once a week, but we never were even
close to out, even with two of us.

-Frodo (Sandy Mann)