[pct-l] Sierra Club groups

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 27 09:08:07 CST 2009

Trekker,
The SC has a rich history and if you ever get a chance, some of the early SC
journals have good stories about the early goings on like the big summer
trips, and winters at Yosemite etc...
Also, the some of the early clubbers were prominent in Cailfornia history.
Understanding how policy has evolved in the Sierra and other backcountry
areas is related to the SC in ways that make it worth knowing about how the
club got started and evolved through its first fifty years.