[pct-l] Will I die using Fuel canisters?

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 29 19:18:45 CST 2009

Have you looked at these stove idea sites?
http://www.csun.edu/~mjurey/penny.html
and Zen
http://zenstoves.net/CatCanStove.htm
I made a penny stove in about thirty minutes start to light up.  Read the
notes about "penny pop" as it is an issue and can cause lit alcohol to be
sprayed and start a fire.  I got a kick out of it here at home but would not
in the woods.  I have since corrected the problem on mine and I like it.
Super light.  I'm going to make a cat stove soon and test this also.  I
think it is good to give things a good test run before hand like my trying
to light the trash can on fire. Hey, I empty those Heiniken cans somehow,
and that's why the Penny became the alcoholic stove.  But like I said, I
still need to test the Cat Stove, and I like the idea of the whicking
fibreglass it uses.  The Penny is so light Iwould worry about knocking it
over and spilling fuel whereas the Cat has a more substantial flat base
area, and I supect more safe because of it.
I'll be pisssed too...