[pct-l] best time for section F?

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Jun 23 11:12:23 CDT 2009

March is early, and I've heard of snow being an issue in F at that time of
year. April/May could be (emphasis on "could") be ideal.  Spring out here
has always been extremely variable and you could get anything from
cold/stormy to summer-like heat.  September and October would likely present
what you state you don't want:  real cold at night and hot during the day.
Also, that is the time of year where the Santa Ana winds come up with a
vengeance. Then again, you could get perfectly clear, warm, glorious days.

It's very difficult to determine when there might be a weather window that
fits your criteria, which I know makes it difficult to make travel plans.
The only weather that seems to be routinely predictable, even in the face of
bizarre weather in the past few years, is the summer heat.

L-Rod