[pct-l] honey crystals update

moodyjj at comcast.net moodyjj at comcast.net
Tue Jun 30 18:57:08 CDT 2009

Last week there was a thread about honey crystals.  Here's an update.  I bought a 33 oz. pack from The Prepared Pantry (about $16 or $17 w/ shipping).  I belie ve this is an LDS-oriented supply house.

Taste is okay.  Surprisingly, honey is not the primary ingredient - cane sugar is listed first, then honey (both organic, which doubles the price, I guess).  Seems like Truth in Advertising should call for naming it "honey-flavored sugar" or similar.  The package doesn't say how much is cane sugar and how much is honey - could be as much as 49.9 % or as little as 0.1%.

FYI,

Mango