[pct-l] Wilderness Areas and Dogs

Peter "OC" Dascalos peter at onthetrail.org
Mon Mar 2 21:01:02 CST 2009

Just to clarify about the San Jacinto Wilderness, you enter the SJW just
beyond Fobes Saddle(mile 166.3), well before Devil's Slide Trail(mile
178.6). You do not leave the SJW until you are at Snow Creek(Mile 206.8).
I do not have a dog and cannot say what they would do if you were in the
wilderness with one, but have hiked that area quite a bit and run into
rangers frequently during the spring. I am heading up there this week to
spend three nights, if I run into ranger I will ask him/her what the dog law
is...

Peter
www.onthetrail.org