[pct-l] Wilderness Areas and Dogs

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Mon Mar 2 21:16:47 CST 2009

Yes, you enter the San Jacinto Wilderness near Fobes, BUT this is the
USFS jurisdiction, and dogs ARE allowed there IF they are on a leash no
more than 6 feet long.

The San Jacinto Wilderness STATE Park is the area that does NOT allow
dogs, and this is from about a mile north of Saddle Junction to half way
down Fuller Ridge.

So, you could take a dog as far as Saddle Junction, then head down
Devils Slide to Idyllwild and road walk the highway and then Black
Mountain Road to the Fuller Ridge Trailhead and continue north. (Could,
that is, IF you and your dog were up to it, all warnings about taking
dogs on the trail apply.)

AsABat