[pct-l] Nervous about first thru hike

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:32:27 CST 2009

Lindsey wrote:

Hi!  I have a little experience in the back country but still feel very
novice.  I am going to walk the PCT in April and was wondering if previous
thru hikers have any tips or small info of which I may not already have
knowledge.  Pack list?  Re supply along the way or mail drops?

Don't think of it as a gigantic five-month hike.  Think of it in smaller
chunks.  It's just a couple of days to get to Mt. Laguna.  Then a few more
days to Warner Springs.  Then a few more days to Idyllwild.  Take it one
step at a time and you'll do fine.  :-)

Eric