[pct-l] dogs --transportation-snakes- anza borrego park, , , , by Mr. Julian Borrego (nam de plume), at the New Sage Hostel, $10.oo a nite! At the corners of Hwy 78 + S-2

Pat brooking patbrooking at nethere.com
Wed Mar 4 09:44:29 CST 2009

Hi Fellow Hikers!

My nam de plume is, "Julian Borrego", I've lived here for 50+ years, and
always enjoyed hiking and riding trails, in the Cuyamaca, Laguna,
Anza-Borrego areas. and meeting  the people who use them. In fact our
family used to operate horse stables in Laguna, and Cuyamaca long ago.

I have converted my wood shop into an inexpensive dormitory for hikers,
$10.oo a night, (includes coffee and toast). Absolutely GREAT Views!  I
will also have other accommodations soon. E-mail me if you'd like a 2
mile car ride to the Dorm.

You can call 760-765-3351-------BUT BE SPECIFIC; ie;" I am a 'HIKER'
wishing to speak to Mr. Julian Borrego", leave your number. And where
you need a ride from. Or you can get directions, for hiking here.

No web site. Yet.

I just want hikers right now, on a trial basis ,,,,,other tourists
maybe. I'm not sure being open to the general public for $15.oo dollars
a night will be a good idea.

Other than large acreage,  few beds and a micro-wave and coffee maker
and outhouse, I'm not sure what would fill the needs of long distance
hikers.

I will prepare food for a small fee, like diner prices at Denny's. And
or I hope to have a small kitchen available in the near future.

 If you have any inexpensive good ideas that are easily obtainable and
appropriate, please let me know?!

Foot bath's?!!

Also I ,, or my neighbor,,,, may,,,,,  provide transport to
town,,,,,Julian, Borrego,,, Ramona,,,other points east or west.   And
MAYBE watch your doggies while you hike threw this area?

Yes,,,,,watch out for rattlers. I usually come into contact with 4 a
year. looking for water, or pack rats, which are plentiful here in
Anza-Borrego.

The rats LOVE small items to collect. Don't leave anything smaller or
lighter than a 6" ratchet and socket with a 6" extension. Yes the little
beasts took my Craftsman tools, like they had their own tool shed
somewhere! Small and shiny is also a real prize for their collections.

Anywhooooooooooo,  I write too much. If I may be of assistance,  feel
free to write me at my e-mail--patbrooking at nethere.com. I will be
changing that e-mail soon, and posting the new one.

Good Luck Everyone!
Your Fellow Hiking Supporter and Enthusiast!
Julian Borrego