[pct-l] GPS Recommendations

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Wed Mar 4 18:16:21 CST 2009

AsABat,
Sounds like a good deal.

You might be interested in this beta software release from Garmin for
the Oregon 200:
http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4395
The web page describes the changes.

Also, on my track download page at http://www.pctmap.net I have tracks
you can load into your Oregon of the first 1,853 miles of the PCT. All
have been filtered to keep the sample points below the Oregon's 10,000
point per track limit, and all have been tested on an Oregon 400.

You can use Garmin's POI loader to load essentially an unlimited
number of waypoints as "Custom Points Of Interest"
http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/

On my waypoint download page I have waypoints for PCT water sources
and other hiker landmarks, as well as waypoints marking half mile
distances along the first 1853 miles of the PCT (about 4,400
waypoints).

-Halfmile