[pct-l] fast company for the Class of 09

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Thu Mar 5 00:18:33 CST 2009

Hello from a longtime list lurker.

As I run down my to-do list for the season, I find myself wondering
if Scott Williamson, Tattoo Joe (Kisner) and/or Eric D., et al, are
planning on being out on the track this year. Has anyone heard
anything from them?

Unlike so many professional sports, our community is blessed by
having stars who are not only great athletes but great humans as
well. Having them in the mix always makes for a more interesting
season.

I believe the longest I've been with any of those fabled three is
about five minutes with Joe around mile 1572 (Mosquito Lake outlet
creek), yet each of my brief encounters with them over the years has
been very memorable. I believe these are the only three persons who
can say for certain that they met EVERY member of a PCT class at
least once. Although perhaps Flyin' Brian also qualifies in that
regard.

I hope *someone* is out there gunning for a record this year. It'll
give the rest of the shut-ins and cubicle-dwellers something to
bicker about while the rest of us are out on the trail.

Best luck to the class of '09,

DP