[pct-l] maps

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Thu Mar 5 04:23:56 CST 2009

I like the perspective of a larger map as well.  Aside from having a better
sense of where I am, I like being able to visualize exit points from the
trail, if only for emergency purposes.  The Forest Service maps are pretty
good for this  (sold at the PCT website).  The scale would never work for
navigation, and they are a bit heavy.  They do have some contour lines.
They're made to be cut into smaller segments.  They might be the alternative
you're looking for...
Elderly Ellen