[pct-l] PCT-L PCT Atlas map

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 5 18:10:40 CST 2009

On Mar 5, 2009, at 12:04 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> From: "Erik The Black" <erik at eriktheblack.com>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] PCT-L PCT Atlas maps

Gosh, Erik. Reading how hard you worked on the Atlas makes me want
one. I feel sorry for you being locked up in front of a computer for
12-14 hour days for months on end. Ugh!

You ought to meet my friend Bryan who has done something somewhat
similar for the wilderness areas around Santa Barbara and Ojai. He
went out with his dog(s) and a wheel and measured every single trail
in our backcountry. Then he, being a cartographer, plotted all the
trails on a map and color-coded them based on how good the condition
of the trail was. This is useful info for our wilderness since many
trails have almost vanished due to no maintenance. He sells the maps,
but he didn't write whole guide books. Just maps.

Awesome you have done this. And thank you for all that hard work!

Diane