[pct-l] volunteers needed to carry water

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:46:30 CST 2009

Charlie Jones needs some volunteers to help stock the San Felipe Hills Third Gate Cache at mile 91 of the PCT.
We drive in back roads, then carry water one mile uphill in backpacks.  It can be hot. This takes the good part of a day.

This cache is centered in a 24 mile hot, high, and waterless section of the trail.

This event takes place Monday March 16.  We meet at Barrel Springs (PCT mile 101) where the PCT crosses S 22 at 10:30.

Contact me off list if you can help.

montypct at gmail.com

Monty

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty