[pct-l] PCTA Job Opportunity

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sat Mar 7 13:04:02 CST 2009

Job Announcement
February 10, 2009

The Pacific Crest Trail Association (PCTA), headquartered in Sacramento, is dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail.  Currently, we have the following job opening:
Managing Editor
The Managing Editor is a professional, half-time position.  The Managing Editor oversees all phases of the production process for the Pacific Crest Trail Communicator, a 30-page, full-color magazine published by the Pacific Crest Trail Association.  The magazine is typically offered six times per year, including a calendar issue.  Articles are written by PCTA staff, volunteers, agency partners, and the Managing Editor.  We are seeking an individual with the following qualifications:

•	Five years of professional editing experience for print publications
•	Strong professional experience in the publishing industry including work as a writer, copyeditor, editor, and manager
•	Ability to work independently
•	In-depth knowledge of the Pacific Crest Trail and the trails community is highly desirable

If you are interested in working on behalf of the Pacific Crest Trail, please send a cover letter, resume, writing samples and references by March 20, 2009 to:

Liz Bergeron, Executive Director
Pacific Crest Trail Association
5325 Elkhorn Blvd, #256
Sacramento, CA  95842-2526

For a full job description, please visit www.pcta.org

Pacific Crest Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Provider