[pct-l] Jetboil Igniter life

JIM BANKS jbanks4 at socal.rr.com
Sat Mar 7 19:30:17 CST 2009

Most of the problems with the Jetboil igniter arise due to cracks in the
ceramic insulating material surrounding the ignition mechanism.  This
ceramic material tends to be brittle and easily cracked.  If it gets a crack
in it, it will not work.  Jetboil will replace it for free.  You should
always carry matches or a lighter, just in case.  I still think it is the
best stove on the market.  It is a bit heavier than most of the alcohol
stoves, but because it is so efficient in heating water quickly I think it
is actually lighter in the long run when you factor in fuel weight, and for
less than one additional ounce (0.8 ounce) you can add the coffee press, it
makes a great couple of cups of coffee fast.