[pct-l] The Economy and Hiking

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Mar 8 19:38:40 CDT 2009

I wonder how the Recession/Depression will affect backpacking this year?? Will there still be the same participation at the Lake Morena April Kickoff?? How are hiking sales going at REI, etc.?

Of course, it is a little early in the season, but there should be some indicators by now.? I just thought this was an interesting.? I guess you could say things will pick up in the hiking world and more people will hit the trail to get away from it all.? I just do not know about all this.? I would be surprised if participation was the same as in past years one way or the other.

Switchback the Trail Pirate