[pct-l] Islip Saddle heads up

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 08:26:57 CDT 2009

Or for those without a GPS simply go UPHILL behind the bathroom.

The other trail is called the South Fork Trail.  If you had dropped down on
a trail at Vincent Gap instead of heading uphill to Baden Powell, this is
how you would have reconnected with the PCT.  There's a map on a plaque at
Vincent Gap.

I've taken it twice.  I like it more than the PCT.  Last year when hikers
were freezing and tromping
through slush going over Baden Powell in some freak weather we had, I was
down below hiking with my shirt off with plenty of water.  There's even some
pools to jump into.

Monty

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty